Show off!

What is your go to album to show off what your system can do?

polkalover

If I have guests over that want to listen to my system, which is rare, because I have few friends and my system is well hidden in a room not frequented by guest, then I let them choose what to listen to. This has happened exactly one time and my guest was a young kid, a friend of my 18yo daughter. She wanted to hear Sour by Olivia Rodrigo. Actually, she brought the record with her and I cleaned and played it for her. After that, I bought a copy for myself. Then they played more Billie Elisha and so I purchased her records. Lastly, my 16yo daughter introduced me to a Korean singer BiBi. She might be the best of the bunch. I’ve only streamed two albums, “Life is a Bi…(more English)  and “Lowlife Princess: Noir”. So, best demo music is music that your guest like and if you are lucky like me, you might also like the music. Give BiBi a listen. She has quite a variety of styles, so fast forward if you don’t like something.

Guests normally like pictures so I play some tracks from the extraordinary Blu-ray Chris Botti in Boston.

On YouTube there’s hd videos of

Billie Eilish - Bad Guys

Alan Walker - Sorrow 

and a thousand more….

Or maybe a well recorded concert with great dynamics like

Joe Jackson - Summer in the city

If your system can play this one really loud without problem you have a good one.

Billie Elish debut album has too much bass in the mix. But it's amazing that a vinyl record can reproduce the subterranean frequencies so well.