Phono Cable and interconnect compatibility...?

I am nearing the end of my analog upgrade, now I need to connect the pieces. RCA to RCA.

First, I need a phono cable to connect my new VPI Prime to a  Manley Chinook phono pre. (VPI Shlyla cart)

Next, connect the Prime to an Aesthetix, Mimas integrated amp.

Should I use the same cables?

I might consider a short-term,  affordable option and then upgrade when I have the means. The table and the Chinook hit the bank pretty hard.

larseand

Phono cables for VPI Prime to chinook and make sure to connect ground.

RCA cables from Chinook to integrated. 

Unless I’m missing something, the TT doesn’t need to be connected to your integrated. 

It would probably easier to audition the same brands. It gets complicated very quickly auditioning all sorts of combinations. 

I assume you have some kind of connector in there now. Probably just cheap. Good.

I highly recommend you listen for many many hours to make sure you understand what your system sounds like. Personally I use DHLabs interconnects as my standard “starting point”. I make sure everything is broken in and settled. Then start thinking about what cables would be good. I have fifty years of experience and know what the major companies sounds like. Audio Quest, Transparent, and WireWorld and Cardas, and a bunch more.

But I recommend getting at least three sets that are at the upper end of your budget and try them. Dealer or lending library… or friends. Take your time… like listen for a day each and switch. The improvement must justify cost.

@larseand 

The high quality of your components can definitely benefit from better cables.  
It’s always best to try cables in your own system to find a sound “you” subjectively like.

Borrowing from friends, dealers, and manufacturers when available is the lowest cost method.

Buying and selling used would also save you $.  Keep in mind it’s easier to resell mainstream brands/models.

The  Cable Company lending library for a fee may be a good option - make sure you know their restrictions 

Iconoclast Cables has white papers that describe how they designed their cables- gives one a basic background on audio cabling design and cost

Copper is generally consider warmer than silver

Silver is generally considered cleaner, quicker, but may be bright depending on the audio chain.

A budget would be helpful, but it’s probably best for you to incrementally/conservatively move up the cable line/expense as you gain experience on what you like.