Apple tv with Apple music hi res streaming issues?

I am trying to get hi res audio from Apple Music and Amazon Music HD through my Apple TV.  But as I understand it (From Apple website) IF I stream through my Apple TV the MAX resolution I can get is 24/48khz which as I understand it is only CD quality.

So, how do I get optimum hi res audio streaming quality then?  Do I try to just go to the Apple Music Apps on my smart TV and not try to stream from my Apple TV?

I have changed the settings on my computer to the hi res settings BUT the Apple forum says ONLY 24/48khz but not 24/192 hi res.  That makes no sense to me.

Please tell me your thoughts.

horseman5048

Thanks for your comment.  I am running it through a mid level Schiit audio dac and a Schiit audio Freya + preamp and into a a Crown XLS 1502 amp.  I have very old but fully rebuilt and very cool vintage Dahlquist DQ-10 speakers that needed a lot of power.

I am retired and on a tight budget.  I hear that the Bluesound Node 3 streamer which has a better Dac inside might carry the day and improve my situation.

But then the question is:  will the streamer REALLY bring the music and audio to a much better hi res outcome?

As I have said, I am just an old guy that wants to hear as good audio as I can given my current set up.  Thanks again.

Apple Music Hi-Fi has two quality settings. Apple Music Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless. Compared to standard lossless audio (CD quality), Hi-Res lossless audio is 24-bit with a sample rate of 192kHz, while standard lossless audio is 24-bit at 48kHz. more simply put, Hi-Res lossless audio is seen as a better version of Apple Music lossless audio.

To solve your problem, you can use AudFree Apple Music Downloader to get Apple Hi-Res music for playback on your Apple TV.

OP,

Given you situation… a BlueSound is the way to go! Switch to Qobuz. Qobuz is costing me about $12 / month using the annual plan… over a half million high resolution albums. Best sound of any streaming service.