Looking for recommendations for a phono preamp under $2k

I took my Thorens TD145 out of the closet, cleaned it changed belt and installed a new Ortofon Red.  I'm going to buy a phono preamp and would like some direction....$2k is the most I want to invest..Currently using a Schiit phono preamp.

Thanks,

Bob

128x128fastninja12

Solid State-Bel Canto e.One $1495 Pros-Quiet/Dynamic/XLR/USA Made. Cons-Only 60db gain for MC.

Tube-Allnic H-1200/01 1200 $800-$1k used, 1201 $1200+ used.  Pros-Top level tonality. Cons-lacks bass and treble extension. 

If I was using a MM cartridge the Bel Canto(new) is a no brainer.

If you are content with the Mani I say stick with it. Michael Fremer - who is a fanatic about LP playback - gave it a thumbs up as an outstanding product for an affordable price. I think spending 10X the price of the Mani is a waste of money, though the moneyphiles here will disagree! For $275 you can get the Bellari VP130mk2  tube phono stage - which will give you the option of tube-rolling to alter the sound.

I don’t have any complaints with the Schiit, but I don’t have anything to compare it to. I hadn’t used that turntable in 20 years until recently. It sounded very good with the ortofon, so my audio compulsive thinking took me right to throwing more money at it!

Just get it going… and flow with it.
(you can always get 20 LPs and spend about the same (or maybe 1/3-1/2 of that 2k)

Post removed 
Post removed