Aesthetix Janus preamp Standard

I am reaching out to Janus owners or past owners to shed their personal light on this choice of preamp/phono stage. Looking to reduce my audio footprint and the Janus seems to fit my needs better than anything else in my price range while maintaining my goals,with a couple of added pluses. Will be using the Janus With a dac/transport 20% of the time and the phono section 80% of the time, carts used are ZYX Universe/copper coiled .24mv, ZYX Universe II/copper coiled .24mv, Dynavector DRT XV1s .34mv, Miyabi Standard .20mv, Audio  Technica ART 7 .12mv and a Grace F9R w/ SS replacement ruby stylus. What say you, any feedback is welcome. Enjoy the music

tooblue

I had an Aesthetix Calypso/Rhea, which is a Janus in two boxes, more or less.

While the Aesthetix has plenty of gain for low output cartridges, I always thought it was a bit noisy from the all tube gain for the phono. You should see if you can try it, before you buy it. The Janus might be great for you.

Now using a Luxman CL-38uC preamp. I think it sounds great. It is single ended, except for the CD input which has a balanced option. It had two SUT built in so plenty of gain for low output MC, and it is very quiet.

YMMV, this is just my experience.

@jperry, thank you so much for your input on the Janus, it is exactly what I needed to hear. I would have been selling my Allnic H-1500se II phono stage to get into a one box system and reading between the lines on a few of the reviews was thinking I had better do my due diligence and be patient. TMR Audio has the unit with a 15 day money back and to be truthful I need much more time with a piece of gear than that, even if it is broken in. Enjoy the music