What CDs to buy

I never thought I would get a CD player but opportunity knocked a couple months ago and here I am with an Audio Research CD6.  All my CDs from 30 years ago are mostly music I no longer listen to much.  I primarily listen to vinyl and stream but thought it would be cool to have an AR top loader and maybe seek out a few special CDs.  Any thoughts on specific CD releases that will give me some renewed respect for the shiny discs?  

dhite71

For Classical I suggest the CD's from RCA Living Stereo and Mercury Living Presence. These were considered the most faithful to the sound of a symphonic orchestra when they were recorded back in the 50's and 60's! Lewis Layton and Donald Fine were the respective audio engineers.

For Jazz the Blue Note CD's recorded by Rudy Van Gelder in his home studio in New Jersey back in the 50's and 60's are particularly fine!

What kind of music do you like?  If you stream you can sample a lot of music and purchase CDs that sound particularly good or CDs that you think will musically hold your attention long term.