The Forgotten

Every time I come across a gem in this hobby I inevitably come to the conclusion that there must be a ton of wonderful gear out there that has either slipped through the cracks or been forgotten. I decided to start a thread hoping some of you would spill the beans.  

I’ll start, but I don’t have a tone of experience. Totem, I believe to be very underrated.  I find they truly have a magic to them.  I’d throw out Harbeth but they surely aren’t forgotten.  Audio Mirror is one I’m pretty fascinated with based on my Tubadour  I recently acquired a Lab12 Integre4 that I think is better than anything I’ve had.  For example McIntosh, Bryston, Audio Research, Primaluna and a bunch of mid-fi.  Anyways, I think my experience is lacking but that’s what I’ve got.  

brylandgoodman

@paullb Where did you get this info? Core Power has been in business for some years. Mark Shifter was one of the  original principals, also served in this capacity with Perpetual Technologies.This when BPT still in business.  Perp Tech went out of business, involved in serious shenanigans, seems Core Power sold out to Walter.

I understand the technology is pretty much same, not sure they're using same transformers as  BPT 3.5 Signatures use Plitron transformers, unit weight 80lbs. Equi=Core 1800 weighs 54lbs. Points to substantial differences in transformers.

How about Bob Carver?  Innovative but controversial.

Phase Linear

Carver Corp

Sunfire

Bob Carver LLC