Symptoms of UN-CLEAN power

When talking about CLEAN POWER, what SYMPTOMS or effects are caused by DIRTY or UN-CLEAN power? 

kraftwerkturbo

@vonhelmholtz  Thanks for that suggestion.  As you can see from my rig, I'm not in the "anti cable" camp.  I just really struggle to understand the value of the high end Power Cable as it defies my common sense.  I'm sure I'm not understanding something and would like to understand.  I get the part about shielding out unwanted interference, but that would only mean all cables need good shielding.  And that would never justify power cables costing tens of thousands of dollars.  

@jerryg123   Sorry about that.  Thought it was a liitle dig at me.  We've chatted in the past and you know I don't have a problem with you or your views.  No matter how wrong they may be at times.  🤣

Consider that the power being sent to your speakers, is the AC coming from the wall. It gets adjusted by the transformer, rectified, filtered and passed through the output transistors.

Ideally, the filtration inside the components is such that no noise gets through. However, not always the case.

Any junk that makes its way through, gets amplified with everything else and mess up what is being amplified. One of the reasons systems sound better/worse on some days.

And, it will effect the sound as outlined by @steakster 

1. Excessive brightness 

2. Over pronounced sibilants

3. Strain in the system and the sound doesn’t come out with ease

4. Generally speaking harsher sounding music 

these are all symptoms of when my power gets dirty (between 6pm and 9pm)

After 9pm gets better and especially after midnight it sounds phenomenal night and day difference