For the first time...

...my digital rig is besting my analog rig in terms of sonic presence and projection. This has never happened before as I've always been more focused on my analog side, letting the Oppo 105 do its thing. However, with some recent additions and changes, my digital side sounds much better and I'm uncomfortable with that. 

Analog:

• NAD 558 turntable
  • Hana SL MC and Clearaudio Maestro V2 MM
  • Hagerman Trumpet MC phono stage

Digital

• Oppo 105D BDP
  • Schiit Gungnir DAC

Amplifier

• Schiit Ragnarok 2

Speakers

• Reference 3A de Capo-i

I think the Gungnir was the game changer as it added a sonic presence and clarity missing before. I find my analog reproduction seems to strain more to achieve much the same signature and I don't want to jump back on the upgrade train in order to achieve parity. Blah.

128x128simao

Hey @rauliruegas By original? But i have about 400 lps. I really curate my collection and if I haven't listened to an lp in a number of years I sell it. I can always stream it if needed. 

And there folks is the problem. Simao is not an LP collector. In order for LPs to sound better than digital you have to be an LP collector with at least 2000 LPs.

Seriously, the only reason to be into records is you already have a pile of them and you really love playing them because you have been doing it for 65 years. I am guilty of both. However, a good uncompressed or lightly compressed digital master will trump any analog by a substantial margin. Only a few 45 RPM and D to D come remotely close. Am I going to sell my records? Hell no. I am a music collector.  

I have record player,  a 1914 Victor-Victrola console that still works perfectly I never play it though  :  ) I just really like all the convenience of streaming from my smartphone, and nevermind all the new artists that l have discovered from streaming I also own the OPPO BD105 Blu-ray player and l love it I use it to connect my two Subs in my 2 channel stereo rig and use its DSP I also bypass it's internal DAC to an external DAC and also play the occasional SACD and CD's

Dear @simao  : Thank's. You can do whatever you want but if I was you I invest any single dime improving the digital alternative.

R.

@rauliruegas Nah. I still love vinyl to much to give up on it. And though I think/hope @mijostyn is being sarcastic, I doubt I'll ever have 2000 lps. I actively listen to all my vinyl steadily. And there are many jazz lp's I can't find on streaming or CD.