Audiophile sound quality from a more "mainstream" company?

I have owned some of the wellknown high-end  companies 

units. 

What I am wondering is have you had some success/good sound from some more mainstream, less high-end companies.?

jusam

Well know high end companies… like Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, VAC, Pass, Aurender… etc. make world class products. I have used many of their lower level products…. They hold their own again the competition… but you can be sure each step up their lines represents significant performance gains.

More mainstream and less high-end options … as pointed out, just pick one of the mainstream lower models marketed out there ,,,, EZPZ…. Lotsa mid-fi options …. If that stirs your drink, just pick one of ‘em,

BUT …. Less well known in high end options out there .,,,more interesting .
 think:

- LFD or CROFT in amplifiers out of the UK

- Fleetwood Sound Company Deville SQ speakers out of Pennsylvania

- BLUE CIRCLE amps out of Canada

- REDGUM amps out of Australia……

-PLINIUS amps out of New Zealand

- XAVIAN speakers out of the Czech Republic

- small and less well known in the US ( much more so in Canada), but all are high-end (otherwise won’t make it or survive ,,,)

I dont like buying audio products from companies that probably will not be around long and have no customer service nor do they back their products very well. Stick with companies that have been in the business for decades and have a real track record of making high quality great sounding devices. 

Matt M