Ultimate stereo nightmare

I have a complex stereo system, having accumulated many various components through the years. I also have an impenetrable jumble of wires.  Until now I’ve been able to deal with problems that arose. Now that I am elderly I can’t easily get down on the floor to assess things. I bought and installed new very expensive speaker cables (Audioquest Robin Hood), and subsequently found that my right channel was not working. After switching cables, the right channel was still not working. So the problem is somewhere in the system.  I don’t know if it’s a loose cable or something else and have no way of tackling the jungle of wires to check it out. 
I hired a company that claims they deal with these things, but there’s such complexity I don’t know whether they can deal with it.

128x128rvpiano

@rvpiano very nice system! I'm glad you got it all back together with Jasmine's help. Now I need to go label my cables...

Buddy, you need to first see if the dropped channel is from all sources. That means it’s most likely a cable between the amp and preamp, as someone else here has said. If not, I would pull everything apart and start over. When you put it back together, put identifying tags on all your cables. 

Otherwise, get a service guy from an audio store to help you. 

Buddy, you need to first see if the dropped channel is from all sources. That means it’s most likely a cable between the amp and preamp, as someone else here has said. If not, I would pull everything apart and start over. When you put it back together, put identifying tags on all your cables. 

Otherwise, get a service guy from an audio store to help you. 

@unreceivedogma your dogma has been received and is in the queue.

@rvpiano

I am quite serious about tagging your cables. I have a s - - - load of cables behind my system. I’ve tagged every cable, and I use large electrician tacks to hold them in place on the floor or the wall so that they don’t get tangled up.