Non-Oversampling (NOS) vs,

I am curious. Is a Non-Oversampling (NOS) DAC sound better than a DAC that upsamples the original signal? Or, in other words, is it better to maintain the “original signal” and not add mathematical calculated extra bits?

I also understand that a DAC’s implementation makes a huge different in the resulting sound quality and so does the analog section. I am just trying to better understand a NOS DAC vs one that upsamples.

hgeifman

What NOS based DAC’s should I look at?  Are there any USA made NOS DAC’s?    Thanks. 

Yes Mojo Audio and Audio Note Kits dacs are very good. 

@rodge827 

You should hit up the ol’ search bar for hours (maybe even days) of reading enjoyment! 
There are a Bazillion posts on R2R and NOS on this site and a lot of it is really helpful!

BTW- I use an Aqua La Scala. R2R and NOS and Tubes all the way! 

@analoguefan - Which Denafrips DAC do you have?  The Ares II is always oversampling even in NOS mode based on its measurements. 

@hgeifman - Check out some of the oversampling videos that Paul from PS Audio has. I found them informative. 

@designsfx 

I own both the Mojo Audio XSE and a highly modified ANK 2.1b Sig. Mojo is USA made and ANK is from Canada and the guy who will build one is in FL. I like both Dacs for how they sound. Prob going to keep the ANK in my main system and the Mojo to the beach house when finished. But that might change hard to decide.