I feel bad for Generation X and The Millennial's

Us Baby boomers were grateful to have experienced the best era for rock/soul/pop/jazz/funk from 1964 thru 1974. We were there at the right age. Motown, Stax, Atlantic, Hi Records and then look at the talent we had. The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, James Brown, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery,  T Rex etc. Such an amazing creative explosion in music, nothing can beat that era.

I feel bad for the younger crowd Generation X and Millennials who missed it and parents playing their records for you it isn't the same experience, seeing these artists live years after their prime also isn't the same.

128x128probocop

The boomer sentiment of the OP aside, there´s one thought I keep having:

I actually pity the young generation for having everything instantly available. A sense of historicity is not part of experiencing music and the thrill of discovery is mostly gone.
On the other hand: The amount of people actually caring for these things has always been low.
Being into music and all that this entails changes. I´d also be disappointed if it always stayed the same.

Part of the valuation of music was having to pay for it.  I remember trying to decide how much money I wanted to spend from my after school jobs and having to make choices.  I was taken aback when file sharing started and kids were outraged at the suggestion that they should have to pay for music

I must be lucky being born in 1964. My playlist has music from the 60s 70s 80s 90s and 2000s! How could anyone just like a small window of music when so much great stuff is out there. One song will be Zepplin and the next one Gangnam style by Psy! 

Happy listening ! 

Top trolling.

Proof, if ever it were needed, that look-back bore Boomer audiophiles know nothing about music. 

The Beatles only became interesting once they retired and became a studio band. But do tell us how Help! is better in mono.

Post removed