Relative Importance of Analog Components

We see people struggling with what to upgrade next, or where to direct their attention if everything seems to be working fairly well. I'm probably a bit more inclined to give more importance to sources and less to speakers than most people, but in general I like to look at which component is the 'rate-limiting factor' which one holds back the rest and then concentrate on improving that.

But to look specifically at vinyl reproduction, I have the strong impression that out of the four main components, they can be ordered in importance of potential effect on sound like this:

Cartridge

Phono stage

Tonearm

Turntable

I'm sure other people would list those four in a different order. How would you rank them and why?

dogberry

In my opinion table is the most important then arm, phono, cartridge.if you put lesser value cartridge in the best turntable you will be amazed how it bring out the sound compare to better cartridge in lesser value table. 
But only experience in tables that comes with their own arm.

A individual who I am in close contact with, has a Design for a Tonearm and Phonostage, which has steadily produced others through impression made to have adopted the Design and replace other owned equipment, as the result.

Through their duration of producing the Tonearm and more recently the Phon', the individual has changed Speaker Models on Three Occasions, as the Speakers in use on Two Occasions, even though quite capable, have not been able to present all that is on offer from the Designs being put into use.

It is also quite interesting that on other forums where there is a occasional discussion about this individuals work, that some who post that have adopted the Designs, have also made it known it has taken a exchange of Speaker to fully realise what they have bought into.   

The Speaker is way up in the ranking as a Tool of Importance. It is certainly beneficial as an indicator that there is an optimisation of the unification of a Mechanical, Geometric and Electronic interaction at the Front End is in place.

The Speaker is the Tool that enables the audible experience to be encountered, all that occurs prior to the Speaker carrying out its role, is just a preparation for the Speaker to produce Sound and enable a Judgement of the Quality of the Sound being produced.

The more unadulterated and correct the Sound seems to an individual, the easier it is for the individual to make a subjective assessment of what they believe is a contributing factor from upstream to the impression being made. 

As a HiFi enthusiast, I am a listener of a recorded medium produced to become sound,  I am not a observer of a selected assembly of parts functioning.

As a individual wanting to listen, knowing there are disciplines required to optimise the function of the assembly of parts to get a improved sound is beneficial. Practicing the disciplines to create a optimised function and adopting parts to improve the optimisation is also undoubtedly beneficial.

There is no point having the ideal tools in a kit, and then only conceal their real capabilities, as one does not know how to use them and extract their full potential.

Even worse if one Tool is believed to be the only Tool required. 

why are you capitalizing words? Are you abducted and we are supposed to decode something? It’s freaky

It’s only as good as the weakest link.

The turntable must 1.) be pitch correct, 2.) be tonally neutral & 3.) provide relative isolation from mechanical & acoustical noise 

The cartridge must work mechanically perfect with the tonearm and electrically perfect with the preamp (including cables)

That’s it. Money be dammed if the tasks are accomplished.