Has anyone noticed a slow down in sales?

Usually when I list something on Audiogon I sell it within a week but lately a lot of zero activity even after checking blue book. Notice any slow down?

128x128naplesrich

Prices being charged are too high.  I've definitely noticed a pricing structure being used and they don't make sense.  I've made offers at reasonable prices and they go unanswered.  Recession coming in 2024 - may actually start in Q4 of this year.  People are going to have alot of $$$ tied up in inventory so discounting isnt too far down the road.

Since I started in this hobby 20 years ago, I can’t think of many times when there WASN’T people belly-aching about the economy (with the other consistency being how peoples’ predictions are usually wrong!) or how the seller’s market is supposedly dwindling. The reality is that audiogon is losing business to alternative sites, one in particular. And they did this to themselves with the large increase in fees. You need to look around if your gear is sitting stagnant, and also ask yourself honestly if your price is reasonable. Some of you guys are asking for used gear what many people get for near or less NEW with discounts.

Yes, I have 3 pieces on eBay, 2 vintage macs. Lots of lookers but nothing yet, but they are 7 day auctions….so we have a few days left. 

It's not just the audio business, I work in the firearms industry and it has slowed down considerably. It's this economy that has gone in the crapper. People are hesitant to make major purchases, knowing next week eggs may be $10 a dozen. 

I just bought a pair of 3 meter XLR cables, but I must admit, not from an AGon listing.