Streaming – Discovering Similar or New Music

There are multiple ways to search for similar or new music when streaming.  The most common way is to manually scroll down the page to find ‘Similar Artists’ – when currently listening to a particular artist.  Different streamer apps have different approaches.   Some offer a manual search only.  Others offer both manual and automatic.   

Which streamer apps do a great job?  Which do not?  EG: Innous Sense, Aurender Conductor, Auralic Lightning DS, Lumin, etc.  

Please share your tips & experiences.   With & without Roon.

_ _ _ _ _

This thread is not about comparing sound quality.  Just the ease of discovering similar or new music.

steakster

Definitely Roon with Qobuz and Tital subcriptions.

I don't like proprietary apps.

I use Conductor app with Qobuz. One of the many features I enjoy is Qobuz Playlists to explore music. And then there are tabs on my Conductor app, 

-New Releases, Streaming Charts, Most Featured, Editor Picks, Qobuzinissim

Creating Playlist is a breeze with Conductor App. I love cueing up my ‘demo’ playlist for each genre.

@deadhead1000 

Thanks for sharing the link to a very cool website. It’s pretty darn accurate for my musical tastes, now If I can find time to create more playlists :-) 

Tidal “Artist Playlist” works for me. I like the feature of previewing the queue so I can reject the songs I (or guests) don’t like. Or, bail altogether if the music becomes to redundant.

The Mermen artist playlist is the best music to play while working on old cars. It’s difficult to throw tools at things in frustration with the soothing sounds of California surfer music playing in the background.

I find out about 'new to me' artists browsing on you-tube, i.e. npr tiny desk concerts, boyce avenue, .. references from friends, and pandora radio stations which automatically plays similar artists to the 'stations' you make of the artists you know and like.

just yesterday found 'mandolin orange' on tiny desk

seems everyone else knew, their lps are pricey.

I subscribe to several services to get more sources of inspiration. 
Apple, Deezer and Qobuz are all great with this but with Deezer being the standout .