What Does It Take To Surpass A SME V?

Thinking about the possibility of searching for a new tonearm. The table is a SOTA Cosmos Eclipse. Cartridge currently in use is a Transfiguration Audio Proteus, and it also looks like I will also have an Ortofon Verismo if a diamond replacement occurs without incident. 

The V is an early generation one but in good condition with no issues. Some folks never thought highly of the arm, others thought it quite capable. So it's a bit decisive. 

The replacement has to be 9 to 10.5 inches. I have wondered if Origin Live is worth exploring? Perhaps a generation old Triplanar from the pre owned market?

Any thoughts on what are viable choices? 

neonknight

I put mine on a Sota turntable.  The arm was too heavy and ultimately collapsed the springs of the table....poor move.

From my reading bits written by audio journalists who usually have only a tenuous grasp of the technology, it seems the MCCI and Leno are a bit different from one another in circuitry. As a user of the MCCI, I simplified things by turning off the Neumann compensator and any bass frequency modulation. I also set gain to zero db; only a very few cartridges would require the +7 or 14 db settings. Also keep in mind that Fremer reviewed the original version, not the ULN Signature version, in 2013. I think the jumpers are very easy to understand and deal with in the latest version. But I can’t say which you’d like better between the MCCI ULN Sig and the Lino C.

The Method experienced and the one that has been investigative and proven to have a very impressive impact is the use of PC Triple C Wire as a Arm Wand Wire and if able to be achieved, exchange the Phon' Internal Signal Path Wire for PC Triple C.

PC Triple C is not found as a Metal in Connectors at present, Designs that use Pure Copper or a OCC  for both Male Female are available.

Limiting the use of the OCC or Pure Copper Connector to the Cable Only is a method to create a partial result, that is able to be further benefitted by adding a partnering design to the chassis. 

In the case of a RCA exchange a Pure Copper Low Mass / Low Eddy Connector will be a good selection.

XLR's from what I have been offered as a description, are a Low Mass/ow Eddy Design, choosing the metal for the connection is the additional consideration.

The impression made from the experience of being demo'd versions of the above has been so, that I am having the above done to the Pre-Amp that is to be Built for me. 

When the HiFi System is back into action, I will be looking to have similar done to the other devices in use, the Power Amp's are already agreed to be converted to the above methodology by the Designer/Builder when the Design is to include the Balanced Circuit in conjunction with the Single Ended.  

@neonknight , With the Verismo you'll want to set the gain to high. I doubt you'll feel the need for another cartridge for a long while. The jumpers will not pose much of a problem.