New Pink Floyd release

Pink Floyd is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the release of Dark Side of the Moon.

The forthcoming The Dark Side Of The Moon box set will be available through Warners on March 24. It includes a CD and gatefold vinyl of the newly remastered studio album and Blu-Ray and DVD audio featuring the original 5.1 mix and remastered stereo versions.  The set also includes an additional new Blu-ray disc of a Dolby Atmos mix plus CD and LP of The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live At Wembley Empire Pool, London, 1974.

I hope the "remastered" versions are worthy improvements, but that isn't always the case these days.

The artwork is creating a stir among a small segment of "fans" who don't know what prisms and rainbows are... attacking or dis-owning the band for their "wokism". Can't make this stuff up, sadly. 

50th anniversary release of Dark Side Of The Moon

mwinkc

@bigtwin I know what you mean!

I remember going to the DarkSide Of The Moon tour as well. 

Just another cash grab, so tired of this business model of recycling. It started with "greatist hits" albums, just rereleases of old stuff, and then repackaging, remastering, reformatting. This is ONE good thing about the streaming universe if you don't have to pay more to try the new releases. Other than rereleasing an Atmos mix it is just a desperate attempt to rake in more dineros by recycling the old stuff.