Looking for good speakers, soundstage not important

I'm looking for speakers for a large oddly-shaped room (living room, kitchen, hall all open).  There's no good place to position them for a soundstage so I'm saving that aspect for my actual listening room.  But I still want slam in the mid-low bass, clarity in loud noisy passages, excellent dynamic range, and excellent tonal colors for vocals.  They'll be attached to T+A 60 watt tube amp, bluesound and Thorens front end.  Replacing an old set of Proac 3s that are kaput.  Price range < $8k.  Any recommendations welcome.

mattchanoff

I have Ohm Walsh 5000s in a large room with almost 40 feet of windows down one side and the other side opening up to a hallway and kitchen.  I turned the bass down to “medium sized room” and removed my two subs.  They absolutely kick bass and percussion and brass are sharply defined and crisp.  I don’t ever wonder if other speakers might be better in my room, but I’m not really into gear quests.  I am driving them with a Rogue Cronus Magnum II.

+2 (or 3) for ohm--they're optimal for odd shaped room. revel are also very non-directional but need a lot of power.