Micca 14 Gauge Pure Copper Speaker Wire

The Micca 14 Guage Pure Copper Speaker Wires have become a topic of conversation on this forum recently. I thought it was worth starting a thread for everyone to post their reviews/experiences all in one place.

I think this YouTube video is likely what started the buzz around these particular speaker cables:

This review in combination from comments made by @lak led me to give them a try in my system.

For reference, my system is the following:

Denafrips Ares II DAC > Morrow Audio MA4 XLR > Pathos Classic One MkIII Integrated Amplifier with Mullard Tubes > speakers cables including an intermediate switch > Focal 836v Speakers

My speakers are shared with my home theater receiver, so the intermediate switch is necessary and is a custom DIY using Blue Jeans 10awg cables internally.

I have been using 3ft and 6ft foot runs of Blue Jeans Cable 10awg speaker cables for a long time and have been hesitant to try other cables because I know that they are sub-optimized and it would also take two of anything to maximize the change.

In any case, I picked up to 6ft sets of the Micca 14 speaker cables and gave them around 40 hours to break in, but put my BJC cables back in today and am back to enjoying my systems as nature intended.

I found the Micca 14 speaker cables to be very easy to listen to. I was having a difficult time describing what I was hearing until I saw what @maxima95 wrote and immediately could identify with it.

In my system and to my ear, the Micca 14 speaker cables were smooth without a hint of glare which explains why they are enjoyable and easy to listen to, but there was a lack of clarity and definition in the deep bass.

I generally use Allan Taylor’s The Traveler as my reference song and the deepest note that had recently become amazing with the most recently upgrade to the Morrow Audio MA4 XLR cable took a step back in clarity and visceral presentation.

When I swapped back this morning I wasn’t sure what the result would be because sometimes swapping back and forth just results in a level of confusion where you cannot definitively form an opinion, but in this case it was a sense of relief to my ears.

If you have a system that is on the bright side and needs to be tamed a bit or if you prefer a smooth/warm sound without a hint of glare, I’d say that the Micca 14 speaker cables would be worth a try in your system given their price. Not much to lose.

mceljo

My opinion is that they are the first multi stranded speaker cable that I’ve truly liked enjoyed having run a 6’ pair for the past 3 months in budget near-field system we use while on the computer.

Suggest that you reinstall and listen to them for a few hundred hours before passing final judgment.

They are so inexpensive that most/all here with nice systems won’t bother to try them.

DeKay

@dekay - I didn’t think they sounded bad, just not to my taste. I can’t imagine that they would change characteristics after an extended burn-in. 

I will be loaning them to a friend that’s currently using 14awg, so it’ll be interesting to see how he likes them. If he doesn’t notice any difference maybe he can break them in for me. 

I saw Huff's review, so I bought a 4-meter pair of Miccas just for yuks. I have an old pair of Transparent Plus BiCables in my main system, and Anticable 2.1 in a smaller system.  I'd echo @mceljo with regard to how they sound; very musical and smooth, but maybe just a bit less clarity and detail compared to my other cables.  Nevertheless, impressive for the price.  I did not spend any time burning them in. I'm planning to replace my speakers soon, and I'll give these another serious listen at that time.

I recommend a burn in period of at least 100 hours in order to hear the best from the Micca 14 Gauge Pure Copper Speaker Wires. They might not be for everyone but there’s a lot of bang for the Buck.

I am lining my two sets to a friend that has his speakers biwired, so he can put some hours on them for me. It’ll be interesting to see what his experience is since he’s currently using 14awg of a basic variety.