Tribute bands on autopilot

I’ve seen Brit Floyd three times and was impressed each show.   Great performance and tickets of course are considerably cheaper versus a Waters or Gilmore concert.   Recently attended a Fleetwood Mac Tribute band that was also legit.   I do have one observation.   These bands go from city to city doing the same gig.   No new music to change things up like real bands do over time.  So while technically the shows are solid there seems little passion.   The band is on autopilot so to speak.  I know if I had to go year to year basically playing the same core set of songs I’d go bonkers!!!! 

pdspecl

I saw Brit Floyd twice and they are one of the better PF tribute bands.  I don’t like the one from Australia as the voice seems off.  “The Machine” is the best PF tribute band I have found but their tickets cost almost as much as a Waters or Gilmour concert but in a much smaller venue. They seem to play all the hits with a mediocre video presentation, except for “The Machine” whose video almost at times approaches PF. 

If you don't like playing the same song, over and over. It's probably not a good idea to join a touring band. 

You are correct! The point of tribute bands is to NOT put out 'new material'. But people who enjoy performing enjoy performing. How do you think stage actors do it?

That is their job. However, what we think about their work is sometimes quite simple, but to do and complete them is an arduous process World's Hardest Game.