Interesting situation! Do we need this....

I had a very interesting and unsettling experience that brings this hobby all together...or rips it apart. Recently,  I bought a pair of Fluence SX6 speakers, on sale at Amazon for $120 pair. A small, black, two way bookshelf speaker. Highly-positively reviewed. My plan was to pull the drivers to use in another project. I couldn't buy drivers and crossovers like this for $120(More on this later)...Anyways, I was listening to my new kit amplifier, AKITIKA Z4 that I recently built...Streaming Quobuz...The Fluance speakers were set up next to the KEF LS50 Metas as I had used them previously to test yet another kit amplifier, Nelson Pass' ACA Mini.....For six hours I was simply amazed at how great the AKITIKA kit amp sounded. Massive sound stage, tight, well defined bass, some of the best vocals I've heard, the "AIR" around jazz instruments was fantastic!.....a system to behold...playing through my KEF LS50 Metas....Six hours later, after all types of music, it was time to call it a night (or early morning)....As I go to shut down the system, I realize that all night I was listening to the Fluance speakers!!! They were placed side by side with the KEFs. Do we really need any of this high end equipment to really enjoy the music!

rbertalotto

Trust your ears and not the hype.  That said, I was on a plane once and got talking to the guy next to me.  He was the bass player for the David Nelson band.  He lived in Hawaii and a neighbor was Willie Nelson.  I don't believe it was Pete Sears though, no cockney in his speech.  I believe it was like 2005 or so? 

We talked music most of the flight.  I asked him what sort of system he had at home?  He wasn't too sure but was thinking it was just a little thing from Sony or something.  Here is a guy that has made his living from music and didn't care 2 hoots about what he was listening on.  He said that the music is either great, or it isn't.  When we got off the plane, he introduced me to David Nelson.  They were playing in Dayton, OH.