Ultimate stereo nightmare

I have a complex stereo system, having accumulated many various components through the years. I also have an impenetrable jumble of wires.  Until now I’ve been able to deal with problems that arose. Now that I am elderly I can’t easily get down on the floor to assess things. I bought and installed new very expensive speaker cables (Audioquest Robin Hood), and subsequently found that my right channel was not working. After switching cables, the right channel was still not working. So the problem is somewhere in the system.  I don’t know if it’s a loose cable or something else and have no way of tackling the jungle of wires to check it out. 
I hired a company that claims they deal with these things, but there’s such complexity I don’t know whether they can deal with it.

128x128rvpiano

Pull it all apart. Start from scratch and reconnect one component...maybe two components a day..to keep your lower back, feet, etc., from filing a complaint. When you plug one of the cables in and you get no sound, you've found your glitch. When you do all this, do it in a temporary, easily accessible spot where it won't prompt any emergency calls to the chiropractor.  Take your time! In any case, it'll allow you to get to know your stereo again!

OP, 

I get it. I really hate working on my home theater. But fortunately I had taken it apart years ago and labeled the interconnects.

Where do you live? There might be some not quite as old a codger nearby willing to help. For someone that understands audio… they will have enough familiarity to pretty quickly trace the problem. I live in Vancouver WA. 

I live in the New York area (Long Island.)

I have engaged a technician who’s coming tomorrow morning. 
I hope he doesn’t throw up his hands in horror!

Might try to locate and check the fuse before calling in a crew to tell you the same.

My best guess is that it’s a loose or disconnected cable. No sign of a fuse blowing, but it’s possible.