Audio Note Amplifier Kits

I know there are many threads on this but they are old and wanted to get recent thoughts on AN kits available.  I was informed the Kits are not made by AN so does anyone have thoughts on the third party available kits?  Worth the money and time and any specifics on which kit model.

Thanks

jh

johnah5

@jaytor 

What bike are you on in your pic?  

thanks for the info!  I want to build an amp.  I am very handy and have built wood chairs but I don't know about electricity.  Would you recommend an amp kit like bottle head or something to read?  I will ready your thread on SH forum but I really don't know how electricty makes an amp work etc.  Are you anywhere close to Indianapolis?  I would love to hear your amps .  Thanks  JH

@jaytor 

I also got a 404 error when I clicked on your system link to check it out.  FYI

jh

@johnah5 - I own a lot of bikes (I own an e-commerce cycling business), but the one in the photo is one of my oldest - a Serotta ti with S&S couplers, SRAM red etap. This is the one I usually take to Europe since it fits in a small 24"x24"x10" case so it's easy to travel with. 

Audigon seems to have a lot of bugs with their website. Here's a direct link to my system page - jaytor's system. You can try in incognito mode if a direct click doesn't work. It works fine for me, but I've run into lots of quirky problems on this site.

I don't have any experience with the Bottlehead kits, but they look pretty nice and I've heard a lot of good feedback on them. 

I'm in Portland, OR, so a long way from Indy. But if you ever get out to Portland, I'm always happy to show off my system 😁

Thank you for the invite!  I started reading your thread and love the idea of upgrading a kit but was lost quickly. 

I just got a Frame from Independent Fabrication in steel that I built up.  I have a Giant TCR with the integrated seat post that weighs in at 16.5lbs in size XL with pedals attached. IN is perfect for biking in the wind.  The always blowing as a headwind no matter how you turn flat hot.....anyway.

JH

Nice bikes. IF makes an excellent steel frame. I don't own any steel frame bikes at the moment - mostly high-end carbon road race bikes and a couple gravel bikes. I've got to pare down my stable at some point. 

Here's a decent book to start with. It introduces basic electronics concepts before going into vacuum tube amp info. 

Vacuum Tube Amplifier Basics by EJ Jurich

A more advanced book that covers vacuum tube amps in much greater detail is

Valve Amplifiers by Morgan Jones

This one requires a bit more basic electronics understanding though, and has a lot more detail than you will probably ever need. It's also several times the price of the first one I listed.