The best plug in filter ever!

Puron AC Power Conditioner by Greg Voth

After reading rave review of Puron AC plug in filter, I had got one 10 days ago.

For your information my system is very complicated with bi amping and three Farad linear supplies.

Thus I have 14 power cables, one main power conditioners, three isolation transformers.

I had tried plug in fliters from quiet lines, quartet stecker, IFI, furutech, Nordost Qv2 and QX2 fliters.

I still have all of them in my system without selling any of them.

I am collector. šŸ˜

All of them had brought slight improvement but not drastic change.

But as soon as I inserted Puron Ac filter, it made background black with more details and clear bass.

The stereotimes review is spot on.

Encouraged by the result, I had ordered two more of them so that I can insert more of them close to amps and Dac.

Now my system got transformed with more vivid and clear sound stage but not overetched.

This is the best 750$ that I had spent during last 5 years in my audio system.

Ā 

Thomas

128x128shkong78

ā€œThere are plenty of products in this genre ā€“ size, shape, price all quite similar. Sudkeeā€™s tech is different as Iā€™m toldā€

Mark,

Iā€™m sure as each of aforementioned brands / products claims to lower noise and improve our listening experience to a certain degree. There is a market for ā€˜tweaksā€™ like Puron, Akiko, eau2, Qk1, ipurifier and NCF so why not. Let the end users decided what they like and prefers in their unique audio systems.

IME, they are temporary solutions to bigger problem elsewhere and tweaks like these serves as band-aids until something else comes along.

So, I have definitely changed my opinion of the Puron filters after continued use.

I have owned or tried: (as many of us tweakers have)

Nordost QX1, QV2, Furutech NCF, and the Add Powr eau2 units. I also have tried the Akiko products and I also own High Fidelity Signature + Helix MC-.05 filters. And probably a few more that I can't remember.

The first thing that convinced me of the Puronā€™s effectiveness is how much it improved my video. But it takes about 15 minutes to show its worth.

So, plugging and unplugging the Purons quickly really does not help in its evaluation.

It may or may not be a simple concept but whatever, it works well!

Dollar for dollar the Purons are the real deal and worth the cost based on the improvement in audio and video.

To me it is not a band-aid approach, the components are still the same, but the interference that comes through our AC is reduced. Iā€™m glad I got a chance to try it, donā€™t knock it till you try one.

The next new " best thing" item may even reduce that interference further or perhaps eliminate it.

ozzy

My Furon update,

So I have my 2 Purons in system for about 3 weeks or a month now and they sing beautifully ā€¦ still.
How can I characterize them?
Well, With my HFC MC-05s plug-in filters, I can clearly hear their characters and what they do to my system with an impact of.. say, 2-3% of over all improvement of each 05 filters. (I also have HFC MC-1s in my system)

With Purons , it seems to work differently, they just makes my music more beautiful and complete. itā€™s so hard to explain it but it probably got something to do with clocking and timing? It removes graininess and white noise and the ā€œSā€ sound. Music is smoother and effortless but never warmer or darker. What I love most about Purons is how they improve sound-staging and imaging. I can ā€œseeā€ singers, performers cleaner and clearer. Iā€™m not going to say a Puron can out perform my HFC MC-1s(because I paid too much for them, lol) but these Purons can easily surpass my MC-05s.

My next test will be removing them Purons from my system and play without them for a weekā€¦
John

@lalitk

Your note struck me in a good way

There are ideas that are being looked at in other areas. Products like Puron serve an appropriate purpose dealing with ā€œnoiseā€ which is our enemy for best playback

As well, DC on your Mains is a destroyer in achieving the best sound possible. DC Snubbing is a MUST for getting the most out of your hi fi (in my opinion).

There are some incredible technologies being looked at by people I know that should be/will be, Game Changers. I donā€™t really think itā€™s appropriate for me to post these ideas here. If you would like to discuss the next step ā€“ feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

@ozzy

Glad to read your more fully fleshed out opinion of Puron. Thank you.

Ā 

Wonder whether Puron will develop a power strip? Anyway, Iā€™m interested in trying one of these, how do I place an order? Sorry ordering isnā€™t clear to me from reading through this thread. Thanks!