VTV D300 Digital amp

Very similar to the Peachtree GaN 1 but with more power and bigger power supply....Nice WBT jack option.  Nothing to say about the sound, as yet....as this is just now being released and none have been shipped.  But.....this thread is ready when someone gets one and can chime in with their findings.  Just like the Peachtree, this one only has coax input.

ricevs

@ricevs thanks for the detailed info.  Very helpful and insightful.  Just would prefer a remote volume on the amp and not have to rely on ap’s, additional components or select streamers/players.  All Digital seems like a great way to go if you are building a new streaming system at a reduced cost.

There will be integrated digital amps with switching between usb and coax and built in volume control.......Oh gee.....there already is a digital amp like that.....the Technics at $2700.  But does it sound as good as this EAS module?......the guy at EAS said his was better......is that just talk?  For me, the revolution is not just the purity of these EAS modules but the fact that you can get a couple of stereo amps and bi-amp and room correct using the Flex xover......You can make your own speakers that have zero analog xovers and you will simply blow your mind with purity of  sound.  Cannot do this with the Technics.....well, you could buy two of them.....but now you are talking a lot of money and it would look pretty weird having two big units with volume controls on them in your room.  You still need a streamer with the Technics......so why not have a streamer with volume control and then the Flex and two amps......$3500....or so.......and then bi-amp for incredible sound.  This is what I want.  We all want.....what we want.....he he.  When you know how much xover parts wreck the sound....and then removing the DAC, preamp and normal amp from the chain.....well, I just don't see another more transparent way to make music for under $30K......maybe some super DAC, Preamp, amp and speaker with xover for $30-$50K plus will beat this.......but I would not bet on it.

You guys enjoy your new Class D amps, I hear they have gotten much better.  For myself, Class D is not for me.  I’ll keep my Mac amps.  75-110 pounds of American Iron and muscle. God bless America!

Post removed 

Oh gee, I think this is the zillionth time I've written this. The D in class D does not stand for digital. It's D only because it came after 3 previous classes, A, B and C. And it's unfortunate it's an encoding format and class D because every one therefore assumes Dis is for digital. But it's not. There is an encoding and then decoding but the coding is ANALOG. Class D is analog. Sorry.