2023 Audio System Wish List

I’ve been doing this for years now- and it’s time for our 2023 wish list!

in 2022, I put together a very effective bedroom system- Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 speakers on Monoprice stands driven by an NAD 316BEE V2 integrated amp, fed by a Bluesound Node (n130). As a result of moving my node out of my main system I bought an Auralic Aries G1 for streaming in my main system.

My main goal for 2023 is to explore and add more music. Streaming has been a fantastic way of exploring new to me music, and in some instances after streaming an album, I also wound up buying it on vinyl.

What’s your audio goal for 2023. A new preamp? A DAC? Music?

Enjoy 🥂

128x128zavato

I love this idea of an Audio Hit List.

I have a very satisfying system but...

I did put in an order for a pair of the

$995 LRS+ speakers.  I figure they

will not last too long due to the form factor

hassle, but I also am dreaming about 

a 15" Dual Concentric, active XO, DIY build. 

The drives alone run $1,800 each

but WTF, gotta try it!!

Next???

I am having a preamp built,  that's my last piece to the puzzle for a while.   Maybe another set of DH Labs RCA cables.....

Great thread! So here’s my wishlist:

-Sennheiser Momentum 4 wireless headphones

-Possible new headphone amp (for my other headphones)

-Music: New Order’s Low Life Definitive Box Set (vinyl)

It's tough when you've reached the end-of-the-line. Really content with my "final" system. My only need/want is a tube amp for my second system. Been dreaming of a 300B amp with WE tubes, but may settle for a nice Class- A SS amp (Sugden A21?). Purchased Klipsch Forte 4 specifically for their versatility (and because you can play them VERY loud without damage -except to my ears.). 

Listen More, systems done.

I'm retired, and house bound, more time than ever: but I got an infection in my foot, got in the bone, that's no joke. Now I am on antibiotics for 6 weeks, 2 weeks left. (pressurized bag in your pocket, for 2 hours each day, not the biggest hardship).

13 days in hospital earlier, you don't realize how much strength you lose, I got home, fell down twice, that bummed me out. Even your ankles get weak, lose your balance, no ankle strength to prevent the fall.

Excercise, got some strength, still been bummed out. look at my system, lp's scattered on the table, eh, watch stupid TV until my ass hurts. Read some.

When friends come, typically 1/week, a listening we go, but holidays, people are with their families.

I inherited 4,000 LP's, lots I want to play, and if unliked, give or sell. Just lost my energy, plus gotta keep my foot up a lot.

Not wanting pity, but it feels good to unload!