What is the most important cable in your system

Let say I have two high end cables but one is even higher end , is it best to put the higher end cable between the dac and the processor or the cable between the processor and the amp ? 

ngiordano

I upgraded all my cables and I am not sure I heard a difference because the only way I would be able to hear the difference would be to have a toggle switch to compare quickly.

Power, then interconnects have had the most overall impact on my system, with speaker cables being a close third. 

1) Power

2) Speaker

3) Interconnect

@favresj Thanks for sharing your Audioquest Firebird HC vs Dragon HC.  I would have guessed the difference would be slightly better.

I was thinking about my system and the changes I described and I now realize I forgot to include another change that happened at the same time that I completely discounted that could have been part of the improvement I realized…

When I took out the Firebird HC from my amp and put in the Dragon HC, I then, at the same time, replaced a Hurricane I had on my streamer with that Firebird HC that was on my amp.   I’d always been told that the power cables to components that were 100% digital didn’t matter that much.  

However, now in hindsight, I realize and have to admit, that some of the improvement I gained may not just have been from the introduction of the Dragon HC but also the removal of the Hurricane.  I may do a ‘control’ test and put back in the Hurricane on my streamer and see if my gains go away but I’m loving the sound so much right now, that curiosity isn’t greater than my current enjoyment.