Dedicated Line - Things to consider

Hey all,

So…as far as building my system is concerned, I’m pretty much in a good spot for now with the components and cables. I can say I’m satisfied with the sound. But, as we all know, system building isn’t an action that can ever be completed, it’s a state we’re constantly in.

Right now I have few finishing touches left. 
1. Run a dedicated line 
2. Improve room acoustics

Wanted to solicit some thoughts on running a dedicated line. 
First of all, is it a worthy addition? What are the deciding factors? I realize all the appliances in the house 💩 into the power line, and I use a power conditioner for the source components. Amp is plugged directly into the wall. 
Here’s what I have in mind if I’m to go ahead and run a dedicated line - 14 awg solid copper wiring - any particular brand? 20A or 15A circuit? Is it worth running one for the amp and one for source components? Or is using one duplex outlet on a dedicated line sufficient to cover amp and source components? 

Would appreciate any thoughts based on experience and lessons learned…what would you do differently if you were to do it again? What improvements should I be expecting?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

128x128audphile1

It's just semantics, but a lot of these posts would be easier to read if they were worded a little differently. Most professionals don't think of wiring as originating at an outlet in a room and going to the electrical panel, quite the opposite.

It's just semantics, but a lot of these posts would be easier to read if they were worded a little differently. Most professionals don't think of wiring as originating at an outlet in a room and going to the electrical panel, quite the opposite.

As a DIYer nonprofessional I apologize and I'll try to remember this in the future.

@immatthewj , I wasn't attempting to single you out, apologies for that. I just look at this in a pretty linear way, electricity flowing downstream from the panel, even though that's not a true representation. I'm not an electrician, but have worked with them for 30+ years in residential construction. My biggest bit of electrical knowledge is that I have a good idea of how much I don't know.

Take care,