Luxman L590AX vs.590AXii

I am in the position of being able to buy either the 590AX or the 590AXii. The AXii is 2x the cost of the AX. I listened to the AX through Focal Kanta No2 speakers, which I own, and was thoroughly impressed. My question is this: what improvements did Luxman do to the AXii  relative to the AX that might justify spending 2x the cash on it?

The AX I listened to was manufactured in 2015 and is in pristine condition.

TIA

128x128re-lar-kvothe

+1 erik.  The need for the additional power supply is dependent on power requirements of the speakers to be driven. 

@erik_squires  @mesch 

I ordered a pair of Tekton DIs to run with my FirstWatt F6. The F6 did a decent job with my Focal Kanta No.2 speakers. I am confident the 590AXll will run the Focals very well. I was concerned about the 590AX. Perhaps my concenr is warranted. My intent is to replace the amps in my primary system, which currently consists of Rogue M-180s and the Focals. The Fritz speakers look very interesting. They certainly will be on my list of speakers to buy next.

Personally, I'd buy the newer version, if nothing else, it's newer. I don't know what your situation is, money-wise, nor the cost of either. I'd opt for a 4 year old amp over a 10 year old one. Either amp will drive those speakers, I think there's probably little difference between them when it comes to actual listening.