Luxman L590AX vs.590AXii

I am in the position of being able to buy either the 590AX or the 590AXii. The AXii is 2x the cost of the AX. I listened to the AX through Focal Kanta No2 speakers, which I own, and was thoroughly impressed. My question is this: what improvements did Luxman do to the AXii  relative to the AX that might justify spending 2x the cash on it?

The AX I listened to was manufactured in 2015 and is in pristine condition.

TIA

128x128re-lar-kvothe

Take this with a grain of salt. The dealer whom I bought the L-590AXII from told me that he compared both AXII and AX1 and the new model sounds a lot better than the old one.

The main difference, as I recall, is a beefed up output stage in the MkII.

Edit - Actually, it was the power supply - "The power supply uses a large power transformer with an E-shaped core and a thicker primary wire, as well as eight buffer capacitors of 10,000 uF each, rather than four as in the previous version."

Found this also -

Differences Between Luxman L-590AX and L-590AXII

In order to achieve power without sonic compromise, Luxman implemented its ODNF 4.0 drive circuit utilizing a three-parallel push-pull structure with three-stage Darlington. A Luxman 'Ultimate Efficiency Power Transformer' – an EI type rated at 615VA – forms the heart of the amp's power supply, with plentiful regulation ensuring an unshakable response to any load fluctuations. A high-capacity block capacitor contributes to L-590AXII's ability to deliver lashings of power yet remain firmly in control, while the amp's low-impedance transmission design, carefully selected custom components and short, fully optimized signal paths deliver maximum sonic purity. Compared to L-590AXI, which had only four block capacitors, L-590AX MarkII has eight in total – four each for left and right, the same configuration as Luxman's M-700u. Similarly, whereas the L-590AXI had four output boards, the L-590AXII has eight output boards to drive even more difficult speaker loads with ease.

@ryder - I did read this same response from you in another thread. Thanks for also posting here

@builder3 - This is the info I was looking for. It appears the primary differences are the 8 vs 4 caps and output boards and PS. The attenuator and ODNF circuit also are upgraded. I may want to spend the extra cash for the 590XAll. - Thanks

The improvements will be speaker dependent.  Buy the old one and spend the extra cash on a pair of Fritz speakers