Add a Linear power supply or iFi SPDIF Purifier2?

I am currently using a Naim Unitiserve streaming from a Western Digital NAS, then using coaxial to a APL DSD-S DAC.  I am considering to spend several hundred dollars to add some tweaks rather than spending $2000+ to buy a new streamer/server.  I am considering replacing the switch mode power supply with a linear power supply, or the iFi SPDIF Purifier2.  

For the LPS, since I am not planning to spend a lot of money, I am going to try one of those from China which the quality is a bit of an unknown.  But I think it should still be better than the original power supply.  

For the I Purifier2, I read it reclock the signal going into the DAC.  However, the APL convert the signal to DSD first.  I am guess that conversion should do some clean up or reclocking, so I am not sure if the iPurifier will be beneficial.

Which one do you think will offer a bigger improvement?  

gte357s

@fuzztone 

thanks for your PM.  Yes, buying from AliExpress or from China directly basically means not returnable.  I tried search Amazon but can’t find similar LPS.  I may try eBay later.  

Another option from SGC is a more basic fiber optic converter, you get a pair of them, a cable and wall warts for $350.  Not sure if it is a big step down from the pricier bundle with a Sonore converter on one side.  I am considering buying one of these bundles for my Sonic Orbiter i5 and UltraRendu.

Depends on what you are trying to do. The IFI spdif thingy makes a pretty big difference if you have a sh…y feed. For tv optical out makes a BIG difference. It was a difference with the Node 2 to the same dac but not that much. 

Just an update, I bought a LPS from China for $200 and there is a significant improvement over the switch mode power supply.  The most obvious improvement is the bass.  Money well spent.