Why Don't you hear more about Audio Physics Speakers??

Anyone with an informed opinion of this brand

care to comment?? Thanks

128x128jeffseight

I'm guessing that they don't have as much of a presence in the states as they do in Europe, so they probably advertise and get reviewed more there. There was a time some years back when they did get a lot of press here.t of press here.

VANA Ltd had been the US Importer. AP is no longer listed on their product line. It can be assumed AP doe not have a NA importer.

Post removed 

I owned the Avanti for a brief time.  While they created a large sound stage and detail they had a very “soft” mid frequency in my room and set up.  I tried to like them but in the end I ended up selling.  Other equipment included Primaluna HP w/ kt150’s, PS Audio Direct Stream and JPS cables.  I moved to Joseph Audio Perspectives and never looked back.  

I used to frequent a high end store called Sound II in North Dartmouth, MA. They sold Audio Physics speakers and the many times I heard them, they always sounded fantastic.  That’s all I know about them as at the time I-owned Vandersteen 2CE Signatures speakers so I wasn’t too interested in others.  However, whenever walking into the store, I was always greeted to the wonderful sounds of the Tempo speakers, driven by an early VAC amp and an RCM (I think) turntable.  The quality of the sound made you want to sit and listen.