CD transports

I recently started running my CD player ( Luxman D380) through my external DAC and have found a significant sonic improvement.  I wonder if I would achieve further improvement in sound quality if I traded in the Luxman and bought a dedicated CD transport ( price range 3-4 K ).

Has anyone gone down that rabbit hole?

mdrone

@jc4659 

Still loving it

FYI: I was listening last night, pushed pause, but when I hit play the display went dark, and nothing I did brought it back to life. I've had a similar issue with my comcast cable remote when the batteries are too weak. I use rechargeable batteries, so I stuck them in my charging device and took them out after ~ 10 hours. I had to turn the dac off/on, but then all was well again
hth

Get the Project transport.  I have compared, owned, upgraded over 50 transports.  The project was the best sounding I have heard to date.  The Jays is a different sound that the Project but also a very good option.  Anyone who feels that a transport does not make a difference just does not have enough experience with them.  The Rega Saturn is a very good cheaper option and can be upgraded to sound even better. Once you heard the Project you can for get the streamers. 

@bigkidz are you speaking of the Pro-Ject RS2 T? If you are, do you know where a new one can be purchased from?

@lak the one I purchased was direct a few years back.  I would contact them directly.