Experiences with the Degritter RCM

I'm considering purchasing a Degritter RCM. Specifically the Mark ll. It's a considerable investment. I currently use an Okki Nokki RCM. As the Degritter uses a 120khz frequency I have not considered the various 40khz units so DYI is not under consideration. I'm requesting members experience with this unit. Thanks for your time. Greg 

gjohns

@whart Thanks very much. No apologies necessary. I usually follow this forum and respect many of the members here also. I will additionally check the Hoffman site. Cheers. Greg 

I am an early adopter of the Degritter.  Previously employed a VPI 16.5 machine for 10 years with an intensive 3 step process including three separate wands to prevent cross contamination.  The time and focus involved to properly complete a cleaning was significant.  The Degritter eliminated my personal time involvement and produced a similar or superior outcome.  All records are cleaned one time when acquired, even brand new, before being played. I had an issue with the machine just after the warranty period expired and Degritter took care of the problem ultimately supplying me a new machine.  Recently upgraded to the newest software and now enjoy the ability to easily change out the wash tank for my additional rinse tank.  Very useful in certain cleaning situations.  The Degritter performs its job very well, freed up my time, and has excellent company support with ongoing development.  It was a significant investment for me at the time I purchased it but one I have not regretted since the first record was cleaned.

Consider this at a much lower price. I believe it does as good a job with less convenience. I use two; one for washing and one for an additional rinse.

HumminGuru UltraSonic Record Cleaner

Here's an informative thread:

HumminGuru Tips

wouldn't it be great if record stores owned one and cleaned the album when selling it, even for a fee? Or I could just bring in my old record, pay them and have it cleaned?

I called the 5 record stores in town, none has a service like that