McIntosh Announces Mc451 Dual Mono Power Amplifier

New hybrid amp from from another big name. What’s your opinion on hybrid amps, positives and negatives of hybrids vs SS and Tube amps. 

surfmuz

I think it’s a brilliant idea if it sounds good! I would love to hear one. 

It's strange why some folks on this forum bash and hate McIntosh. I have owned McIntosh for many years and really enjoy my system. I might not care for some other brands but I do not bash or hate them especially when I have never heard them in use. I am intrigued by these new amps but at my age, I could not manhandle them. They really need speakers capable of bi-amping. 

Hate is too strong of a word. The aversion IMO is mainly directed at the obstinate fan base. Does Mcintosh produce excellent products despite the garish cosmetics? Yes, MC 462, MA 12000 and the C22 are contending class leaders at their price points. Where they miss the mark is at the flagship level of the product line.

Interesting, McIntosh are obviously popular in the US and maybe some other countries in the northern hemisphere. Virtually no love for McIntosh in Australia however, compared to most other high end brands. I have never heard a Mac amp, so I have no view from a performance perspective, but please, can you do something about the dog ugly styling. They are refugees from the fifties.