Innuos PULSE Mini?

any impressions on this unit?

appears to be a solid step into that streamer space above bluesound and the other popular entry level units

audiocanada

Based on memory, this is definitely a nice step up from the Zen Mini. But, it is much more simplified without having storage, a CD ripper or the Roon core capabilities of the Zen Mini. 

There definitely is a market for the next step up from the entry level streamers at a reasonable price point and this could be ideal for many. 

I think having a separate line (Pulse) is a very smart idea. In addition to having the Zen line. For those who don't need a server or storage (don't use Roon, don't have local library). Keeps the cost down, focuses on streaming only, and does the (streaming) job. For those with a Zen (or Zennith, etc.), then of course, a Pulse is not needed. But if I were new on the market looking for a streamer alone, with no server, I would definitely be looking at the Pulse line.

I want to believe in this unit but damn do the specs seem sparse

on paper it looks like the next level up is the true first step into higher end streaming

@audiocanada I'm waiting for the full specs to come out from Innuos so I can update our site. However, I'm not concerned about the specs themselves. I'm just going on what I hear so far with the PULSEmini and I'm very impressed. This doesn't sound like an entry-level streamer by any means. Even though there will be two higher models in this series, that won't take away anything from the quality this piece provides. I use the ZEN MK3 daily and haven't compared the two, but based on the early experience so far with the PULSEmini, I'll be replacing the ZEN Mk3 with the PULSE when it becomes available. Of course though, you'd lose the ripper, storage and Roon core capabilities. But, I can use an alternate Roon core and already have a NAS, so I can go that route.

PULSEmini may be our entry-level network music player, but how it sounds makes clear you’re listening to something special. Following on the design of our acclaimed ZEN Series, the PULSEmini features a chassis with a front panel bead-blasted and anodised from the best grade aluminium for a perfect finish. Mynordstrom