Cryogenic Tubes - Time for a Change

Well it finally happened, one of my (four) EL34 tubes in my Willsenton R8 blew up last night. I knew it was coming. The bias meter had been telling me for about three weeks that this particular tube was loosing its mojo. Before you ask, yes I kept adjusting it's bias to match the others, it just wouldn't stay there for long.

Based on curiosity I just purchased (4) EL34 cryogenic tubes. They should be here by Friday.

I'm curious what folks (with actual direct experience, not your usual "everything new is snake oil" folks) think of cryogenic tubes in their systems?

The benefits listed are: 

Expanded dynamic range

Smoother and more refined high frequencies

Increased Bass depth, definition, and articulation

Deeper and more focused soundstage

Lower dynamic noise floor 

Reduced micro phonics

Smoother midrange 

Lower operating temperature and extended tube life 

Thanks for your feedback (pun intended) and Happy Listening .

128x12869zoso69

@woodsage Thanks for the input. CryoTone tubes come recommended by Decware so I thought I'd give them a shot. I've got a Decware 25th anniversary Zen amp on order and figured I try them out on my R8 before the Zen arrives. I spoke with the owner of CryoTone who happens to have the same twenty year old Swart guitar amp (5 watt) as I do. After our conversation he offered to sell me a set at 50% off, so I'm essentially getting them at the same price as non-cryogenic tubes. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. 

Over the years, several times I’ve opted for Upscale’s cryo option at $8 a tube. I’ve also opted NOT to cryo for several sets (many of the same tubes). I’ve not noticed any difference with the cryos, other than the cool sticker on the boxes. I no longer order cryo. Their plain “Platinum” grade has always been fantastic, and easily sufficient for my needs. I’ve also tried ARC Select and Kevin’s Stash. All I need is Platinum.

Lower operating temperature and extended tube life "

How can Cryo make a tube run cooler??

I've tried cryo'd tubes in the past, not so much for the cryo, rather for claims of hand picked. I've never had an issue, but can't say for sure I heard any difference in sound quality, don't worry about cryo vs no cryo.

While I don't run EL34 amp anymore, I question quality of new EL34, I have a number of 1990's era Svetlana, last good Svetlana. I've checked into those Decware tubes, other than cryo, nothing special. I'd try to find some NOS EL34 for best sound and durability.

Just to smooth things over for the OP-

Simply trying different BRANDS, and hearing the subtle(sometimes profound, sometimes no) differences is the more reasonable thing to do-especially among us audio weirdos in an internet forum.

Just like many things in audio- thawed out tubes are nothing but another wallet draining, anecdotal exercise. IMHO.

Carry on.