Thought I’d share: Nicely done and practical DAC review

128x128mapman

@wolf_garcia I suppose they coulda just spelled it backwards as Spirfaned.  Would that be better?  Sounds like a decongestant to me.  How about Fanispred?   (Not that there’s anything wrong with that).  Full disclosure — not a fan of Dena….. either, which is why I bought a Musician Pegasus instead of a Pontus ll.  Or maybe it was cause it was $500 cheaper.  Can’t remember, but a win win either way I spose. 

Another happy Pontus II owner here.  I agree with the review, although I don't use cans, only speakers.  The review makes me want to try balanced cables from the Denafrips to my pre.  Even though the pre goes to my amp via unbalanced cables, maybe it will give me more of what the review talks about.  

FWIW, I tried a Schitt Gungnir before the Pontus II.  I only had it for a day.  The relay clicking and cutting off of the very first note or two of individual tracks drive me nuts.  I took the restocking hit and returned it.  If the Yggy does the same thing, consider how you will use it.  If you listen only to complete albums, you're good.  But if you like to mix tracks on playlists, be prepared for lots of clicks and missing the first note or two of most tracks.

@mapman, thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it and I probably would have not been aware of it on my own.