Flat Screen Television behind speakers

I have a large 75” flat screen TV in my living room and want to know how bad this can affect the sound. The speakers have to go right against wall pretty much and the TV is in between the speakers. I have large acoustic panels right behind the speakers  and then 2 subs on the outside of each speaker which also have acoustic panels behind them. Question is should I move the speakers to the outside further away from the the TV and swap the subs inward closer to the TV- or would the bass reflection from the subs be even worse? The television is mounted higher on the wall so maybe the subs are better positioned on the floor?

Aerial Acoustic 7T x 2 

Pass XA30.5

Rel 528 x2

puffbojie

I have an 85" TV placed at the back wall in between my speakers.

The speakers however are about 8’ out from that wall and are front ported. There are also 4 subs in the corners along with ASC tube traps.

At first and second reflection points I have Stillpoint Apertures. In front of the TV, I built a stand for 2 more Stillpoint Apertures. The top Aperture has a bracket that slides into the bottom Aperture that can be removed for watching TV, video etc.

Check out my system page, you can see it.

I do think you need to pull your speakers out more into the room so that they are not in the same plane as the TV. Can’t you just pull them out when you listen to music?

ozzy

I have found that fulling my speaker a good distance out from the wall that the TV is on works well. I do not have to cover the TV. I am guessing I hit a good measurement in terms of distance out so that there is enough of a time lag before the sound wave hits the TV and reflects back into the room.

I will not be able to keep the speakers out due to the room use however after pulling them out about 3 feet for a test  I noticed the imaging was much more clear and succinct.   As a compromise I then put he subs on the inside and the speakers on the outside (toed in)  which brought the speakers about 9 feet apart. This  9 feet happens to be the distance from my listening position to both speakers  (creating the “triangle”).  I also lowered the acoustic sound board panels so they are in line with the rear port (which is low on those speakers). The tweeters are now a good 2 + feet away from the screen from a horizontal perspective. I can also pull them out about another foot while toed in without them getting in the way too much. While I like the subs on the outside, the system sounds much more coherent with the changes. At times & for certain songs it did seem like the music was coming from behind the speakers and from the center which I never noticed before.  Thanks for all the helpful comments. Might be on the right track.