Time to do house cleaning.

I had been audiophile since 1978.

My first serious system was Garrard turntable, Fisher integrated amp and ADS bookself speaker which sounds musical.

Since I had moved to Washington state 11 years ago, I had kept everything in the attic.  I have plenty of space in my 5100 sqf house.

I had enjoyed pristine treble and nice bass out of Lansche 4.1 which I bought new 2006 for 15 years.

I also bought Vaugn Cabernett II as second system.

But since I had bought Altec A7 and Scaena 3.2, Lansche and Vaugn speakers has not being used.

The above is the sound of hybrid system of Altec basshorn and Scaena 3.2

Altec basshorn was connected from 290 hz and down and two 18 inch subwoofers are added from 56 hz and down.

It give very wide and deep soundstage and unlimited dynamicws.

6 weeks ago I got Aurender N30 server which sounds really excellent.

Since then, Jays Audio CDt II transport is not being used any longer.

Lansche, Vaugn speakers and Jays Audio transport better find home to be used.

But I am too lazy to make any decision yet.

Do you thing I had better clean my attic before the end of year or early next year.

Your valuable opinions will be apprecicated.

Thomas

128x128shkong78

Keep the speakers that move you.

I used VOTT's in the summer of 1975 (Mac/Dynaco tube gear in a large room with very high ceilings) and aside from their warts/blemishes they made me smile.

Watched a YT video of yours in which they sounded better+++ than what I recall of mine.

This said, having listened to the new Heresy IV and the new La Scala on YT soundbites (yes, I know YT supposedly sucks for auditioning purposes) I'm intrigued.

Could not stand either models in their vintage versions, but the new ones...

Aside from not having the real estate for the big ones (and also that I would not invest that amount of money in speakers) the Heresy are a problem as I could keep my current system and use them in the living room setup.

I liked the H's in the same manner that I like my vintage wide band single drivers, but they offer "more" of what I like in a single/simple package.

This said, I may be better off ditching my tube gear and going with a simple SS integrated mated with conventional speakers considering my age and the fact that I no longer gave the energy/ability to fuss with HiFi gear as I've done/enjoyed in the past.

Hope this makes sense as I suspect that we may be going through a similar "event".

DeKay

At some point one gets old enough that it becomes clear that stuff needs to be going out instead of in. I assume by your embarkation of audio journey was very similar to mine. So, you can declutter now or allow an estate sale or have someone that has no clue of the value (I don’t mean money) of the stuff dispose of it. About five years ago I started giving away or trading in all my extra stuff. I have a friend… buding audiophile and some discounts for my current gear. I am retired and can spend three hours a day listening to my main system and headphone system. I don’t stand around my storage areas looking at my old equipment.

I know my old Threshold Gear was reconditioned and went to a person who loved Threshold gear. Etc.

You can make sure it goes to someone that will appreciate it.

I’ve read it a thousand times: ‘I used to have that ———, but I sold it and I’ve missed it ever since.’

Therefore, having received the wisdom of others who’ve gone before me, I’ve never sold anything.

As far as I’m concerned, it hasn’t gotten out of hand thus far, but a stranger seeing my place would probably say it has.

I say, consider the matter rationally, but also consider that we humans aren’t 100% rational, and that’s OK.

Don’t cut yourself short.

I've been though a lot of equipment in my life, and yes, there are a few pieces I wish I never sold, but then I ask myself, what would I be doing with it? It would probably be collecting dust and taking up room. Plus, the money I made on it helped me buy new equipment. Add to that I can always buy it back if I really miss it/wanted it (and I never have!). So I only keep what I use.

I'd suggest you ask yourself what benefits you the most, keeping it or selling it? 

Clean it up. 
the process will is good for the soul. 
 (Maybe you’ll find some good soul music you forgot about).