Amazon music vs Qobuz

I’m currently using Qobuz for streaming music. Amazon music is considerably less than Qobuz but I’m wondering what the differences are. Amazon goes on and on about commercial free music. Which makes me wonder how much is commercial free. Qobuz is 100% commercial free. 

z32kerber

I pay $16 a month for a Family Unlimited Music plan. I got four months free and I can use on multiple devices at the same time. I built a dedicated PC last summer for streaming and gaming. I use a Sound Blaster AE-7 sound card analogue out to my pre amp for stereo in my main system. I also listen on my android with a Hip Dac. I realize both my DACs are under $200 (with headphone amp) so I am sure others will have better SQ. But Amazon HD and Ultra HD sounds more than good enough for me.

@edcyn Thanks for the reference to Idagio. Weird spelling! I thought it would be "Adagio."

hilde45 -- Yeah, I guess they had to come up with something that was unused and sounded vaguely classical. In any case, I may have mentioned this before here but Idagio seems to have about every classical recording ever released. From Karl Muck to Kaija Saariaho.  It's the proverbial Aladdin's Cave.

The big question is what sounds better.  Tidal Hi-Fi subscription or Qobuz.  Someone demonstrated Qobuz in a blind test and I picked Qobuz every time.  Problem is I am not willing to give up the Tidal format.  I was sold on the idea of hooking up my Node 2i to my ARCAM via digital cable.  The guy from the Cable Company told me the DAC inside my ARCAM was better than the DAC inside the node 2i.  However, don't I give up being able to reproduce hi-res up to 24/192?  I believe Qobuz does not need to fold the music files 7 times like Tidal.  Perhaps as a result Qobuz is able to unfold faster and image better. 

@larry5729 

High Res and MQA are two separate things. You can play 24/192 without it. I know that for sure on Amazon and I’m pretty sure it’s the same with Tidal and Qobuz.