Flat Screen Television behind speakers

I have a large 75” flat screen TV in my living room and want to know how bad this can affect the sound. The speakers have to go right against wall pretty much and the TV is in between the speakers. I have large acoustic panels right behind the speakers  and then 2 subs on the outside of each speaker which also have acoustic panels behind them. Question is should I move the speakers to the outside further away from the the TV and swap the subs inward closer to the TV- or would the bass reflection from the subs be even worse? The television is mounted higher on the wall so maybe the subs are better positioned on the floor?

Aerial Acoustic 7T x 2 

Pass XA30.5

Rel 528 x2

puffbojie

I read the Jim Smith book and followed his recommendation

of nothing between your speakers and honestly it was like 

upgrading a component. Really big improvement.  Like said above less reflections the better

Good luck Willy-T

It depends a bit if your speakers are front firing or rear transmitting like electrostatics.  Putting regular speakers against the back wall causes reflections to the sides and off the ceiling and floor, not so much off the back wall which the TV would affect, but there might be minor effects on soundstage.  I like the suggestion to just pull the TV and try it both ways. Use YOUR ears, not internet advice.

Put a wool blanket over the lady friend, then do what you want.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Been there done that. Went from a 24 inch CRT in the middle to a 50 inch plasma 2 feet off the back wall. Destroyed the sound stage. Finally, with the last upgrade/change mounted  the plasma on the wall behind. Better, but still not the best. The blankets and such sound like a good idea, but I'm too lazy to do that. I know it's heresy, but I watch muted TV while listening to music Trying to find a good compromise with speaker positioning and amplifier gain/crossover settings. 

Good luck. Jim S.

One of my fellows audiophile, who invested in his listening room close to $80K (equipment excluded) told me that TV installed on a certain level behind his speakers in his room actually enhances mids and makes stage wider and more holographic.