Bad Cornwall IV?

Hi guys. I finally upgraded my decades old receiver to an Anthem MRX-1140 to compliment my Cornwall IVs that I bought a few months ago. While running through the room correction ARC software the right front speaker sounds very different from the left and center (all Cornwall IVs). Can someone look at this graph and let me know if the speaker is bad or what the problem could be?

ARC Graph

Thanks in advance!

starbuck02

First guess is a tweeter is blown.

Use the "Ear" test to verify.

Being a Forte 4 owner, I would disconnect speakers from the amp then remove the binding post module from the back of the speaker. Next, make sure red wires are connected to red posts and blacks are going to blacks. Check for solid connections.

Finally, I’ve researched Anthem receivers and read that they have problems with their room correction software and user interfaces as well. These problems may have been worked out by now, but this is what I read.

If possible, try to disable room correction and play as close to "straight two channel audio" as possible. See if this changes anything.

BTW, are you using single or bi-wire connection?

The cables are secure and the placement is correct. I've re-done them just to make sure and the same issue happens. I thought that speaker sounded different when I first got it but I thought it might be because I had it plugged into a cheap AVR. Now with the room correction software you can hear that the highs sound "underwater".

I still have warranty on the speaker so I'll exchange it and let you guys know if that fixed the issue.

Thanks!

I'm not exactly sure what singe vs bi-wire is so here's a picture of it and you tell me! 😅

Wiring