Ditching Class A Amps due to Heat - Sort of a Poll

A discussion elsewhere about the future of Class A made me wonder how true one statement really is. So the questions are...

Have you done away with your Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you be moving away from Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you never buy a Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

I only have a class A/B unit that does Class A up to 6 watts with almost no heat so really can't speak for those who have used in the past or currently own and run Class A Amps.

brianh61

I switched from tubes because of heat, weight and power tube replacement cost.  Started out experimenting with a few SS amps and ended up with AGD Audions.  Could not be happier.  Still have tubes in my signal path as I running through a Cary SLP05.  Over all very happy!!

I'm open minded to the latest technology,  I would like to try a GaN amp to see what they sound like.    It wouldn't displace my current amp , it would be for a second system in another room that in all honesty would get more use 

Air conditioned house and hot running Audio Research CL60 finally got to be too much for my wife, and me. Went to a tube/mosfet hybrid, Moscode 600 Maxi, but... went back to a VT100. But now I'm thinking GaNFET.

Worth a try.

Answers to your 3 questions. No, no and no. I love my Audio Mirror tube monos. Also have a ss A/B Van Alstine amp. 

@jerryg123  - I understood.  I was merely saying the NAD hybrid amps are pretty technically interesting.

FTR - Never wowed by Class A.

I use an A/B amp right now, and was a lot happier with Class D from IcePower than any Pass I've ever heard. 😂

My point is not to bash Pass, honestly, but that you should buy amps based on sound quality, not technology.