Ditching Class A Amps due to Heat - Sort of a Poll

A discussion elsewhere about the future of Class A made me wonder how true one statement really is. So the questions are...

Have you done away with your Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you be moving away from Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you never buy a Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

I only have a class A/B unit that does Class A up to 6 watts with almost no heat so really can't speak for those who have used in the past or currently own and run Class A Amps.

brianh61

Thanks for all the answers so far, the consensus with this small sampling is still what I expected, more thumbs up than down.

In full disclosure, this discussion came up within one where Luxman stopped making Class A amps due to Environmental Issues. A big defender of Class D claims that Class A is going away on it’s own and would never become effected by limits placed on electrical consumption or heat output, but just because everyone no longer wants it or wants Class D or similar.

So the one political comment above is not off base, just the person pointed to because he just does what he is told.

Keep ’em coming

@brianh61   :So the one political comment above is not off base, just the person pointed to because he just does what he is told.

you have won the internet, and the best comment in this forum. 
-buys Brian a cold Guinness pint!

The amount of people that own Class A stereos is so minuscule they don't have any impact. Most folks I know listen to Alexa for music or own a soundbar for TV. I'm the only odd ball that owns a stereo.

Do as your conscience and pocketbook tell you. In any case, as I mention in another thread, when my hot-running Class A Mytek Brooklyn Bridge bit the dust I replaced it with a cool-running Cambridge CXN. Not quite as wonderful-sounding but still a pleasure to listen to.

Well, I just have to say this to our friends in DC about my Class A amps. 

Texas officials unveil a revision to the Gonzales flag in light of the  recent power outtages : r/funny