How good is the power regulation in a Modwright KWI-200?

I realize the subject of power conditioners vs built-in power supplies is a bit controversial, but my reason for asking this is that I’m wondering if it is worth the extra expense to invest in a well-regarded power conditioner for my integrated amp or to rely on whatever power regulation Modwright included and plug it directly into the wall? I have a dedicated circuit for my audio system and at present I’m using a Furman Elite PFi conditioner for pretty much everything. This is sort of a stopgap, replacing a PS Audio Power Plant Premier which I really liked, but which failed after a couple of years (these, I discovered too late, had a reputation for doing that) and PS Audio could no longer repair it. My main misgiving with plugging directly into the wall is the issue of surge protection, but I’m not sure that the PFi is doing the sound any favors. Since Modwright doesn’t seem to offer any information on what sort of power regulation is incorporated into this very nice integrated, I’m hoping some of you might have opinions/knowledge on the subject. Thanks.

cooper52

“Modwright doesn’t seem to offer any information on what sort of power regulation is incorporated”

Reach out to Dan at Modwright, he is a straight shooter. As far as extra expense to invest in a well-regarded power conditioner, I suggest you invest in high quality surge protection at main breaker panel. And then buy a non-current limiting passive power distributor like Furutech GTO-D3 NCF.

Consider installing EP’s 2050EE Surge and AC Waveform Correction & EP-2750 Ground Filter.
https://www.vhaudio.com/acpowerconditioning.html#ep

I remember Dan saying he had good results using Equi=Core.  I think it was at a show.  I don't know which components where plugged into it.

I used an Equi=Tech, but just for my MWI pre's and sources.  It makes a noticeable improvement: better resolution, tighter bass, better separation, etc.  Plugging my KWA 150SE didn't seem to make any additional improvement, so I leave it plugged into wall outlet as that is more convenient.