How to match a Cartridge with the right phono preamp?

Hi there!

I have been trying to get some information about how to select the right phono preamp for a certain MC cartridge. I'm having a hard time trying to reference all the cartridge specs with the right phono preamp, I even try to watch a couple videos on how to match them but honestly I can't fully understand it lol. It's there an easy way to do it? What exactly I need to look for? I have an Ortofon Bronze with a Puffin preamp. I'm putting together a second vinyl record stereo system and I really want to give it a shot to MC cartridge! 

Thank you I'm advance! 

Edwin 

erivera1990

There are good phono stages that are very flexible, the Gold Note PH-10 comes to mind, will mate with just about any cartridge. But I’ve heard better sounding units but for the $$$ you can’t go wrong with the GN. What’s your budget?

It is easy to underestimate the value of a phono stage. I started with a highly rated $200 Phonostage and was so disappointed… at twice that, and twice that, and twice that… etc, you want a really good phonostage. If you choose carefully I would look in the range of your preamp… or TT with cartridge… a used Phonostage from Audio Research, or VAC, Conrad Johnson, or Presto. Never hold back on a Phonostage.

@rsf507 thank you for your response, I was looking at that brand/model that you posted. Unfortunately that preamp is out of my budget. I was reading about the new Schiit Mani 2, which apparently it works well with MC cartridges, I had a Mani 1 with my Ortofon Bronze (MM) and I really enjoyed.

@ghdprentice ​​​​​​ thank you for your time, as it right now I have a Technics MK2 (soon to be upgraded), nagaoka MP-150 cartridge, fluance signature bookshelf speakers. And the cartridge MC that I was thinking to buy is an Ortofon MC20 Miki.