Where to place your best switch?

I have a cheap switch after my modem/router connected with cat 8 between them. From that switch I have a 35 foot run of cat 8 that fits into my Eno filter which is then connected to my streamer. (This cheap switch also has a PC, audio receiver, and my TV upstairs connected to it.  I have read that audio is best to be separate?) I have purchased and on it's way  a high quality LHY Switch that has an OCXO clock and linear power supply built in. MY two options would be:

1. Replace the cheap switch with this switch.

2. Place the better switch at the end of the 35 ft  long cat 8 and use a short quality ethernet cable such as a WW Starlight 8  into the Eno Filter.

My suspicion is that #2 will be better but I was wondering if all these connections make a difference and detract from any gains. I have been reading a lot but many of these threads get into pissing matches and get off topic so it's hard to sift through them. 

I realize I can just try both options myself. I am not going down the fiber optic route, I am happy with the 35 foot cat 8 connection. This is in my basement and the cable is run already.

128x128fthompson251

In my recent experience having a fiber connection between the network switch that connects my Roon server to my DAC was a noticeable, inexpensive, upgrade. I put a IFI power supply on the DAC side. This significantly reduced digital glare for me. 

I then put in a Shunyata Ethernet cable that opened up the sound a bit more, but the greater improvement came from the fiber connection.

@audphile1 The Rubicon has stopped production due to supply chain issues. Thank you. Since I have the LHY sw-5 already coming from Alvin Chee - I will place it at the end of the long cat 8 run, then use a HQ .5 m silver wire ethernet cable to Eno which is attached to the streamer. We will see if that makes any improvements, I will also have a nice shunyata power cord on the switch FWIW. BTW, I read our post about your adventure on this connection with switches, eno, etc-it was helpful, thanks.

@fthompson251 sounds good. And I’m glad you found my post helpful! Please follow up with your updates when you get around to it. 

Option #2 is what I'm going to try.

The lesser of my two audio switches at the end modem/router. Run by a cheapish Aliexpress linear power supply.

15m run of Cat 5 cable to my system. 

Then Triode Wire Labs Freedom ethernet cable to Acoustic Revive RLI-1GB-TripleC LAN Isolator to better switch fed by a Teradak DC30W linear power supply. TWL Freedom to Pink Faun LAN Isolator to streamer.