Newbie want to improve what I have

I am brand new here already purchased my first system. Probably made some mistakes. So I bought an NAD M33, Focal Sopra No 1 speakers, Tellurium Black II cables with an Isotek EVO3 Polaris. I am enjoying the system but realize I've probably made some mistakes. So as a humble novice I'd love some advice where to start to improve my system. I thought perhaps starting with the cables. Looking too warm this up. 

foxton

Welcome to the long road to audio nirvana. Take your time, be patient and most importantly change only one thing at a time otherwise you won't know which change did what. Hence the patience requirement. Unfortunately this is NOT a one time purchase endeavor, it will take years and many trials. All worth it, but I am 68 now lol.

Start thinking about your room acoustics, and also Focals sound better with very little toe-in.  If you are pointing the tweeters straight at your head they are probably too bright and the imaging isn't solid from speaker to speaker.

cables and toe in and dirac will not change the overall sound focals are very clean and uncolored so is the nad 

go to your local shop and see whap "warm sounding integeated amplifiers you can borrow and compare 

Many times you’ll hear about component burn in, there’s merit to that. The big one is room treatment. Lay stuff out the way you want / need then start your research.The last thing you want at this point is to get involved in the ridiculous cable Band-Aid crap. Makes perfect sense setting up comfortably then addressing room issues. In time if wanted a person can step into the Cable controversy remembering of course there is a such thing as diminishing marginal returns and it happens fast. 

Totally agree with the room treatment thing. One look at my house of stereo system will show you that it is of the upmost importance to me. Another layer to this journey and the most important one if you are really serious about getting the absolute best sound you can. However the majority of audiophiles ignore that aspect.